Item(s) Listed Below are Used in this Program
For More Information, Click the Following Button(s):
The Prenatal Program® is a nine/eighteen session group/home-based program.
Pregnant moms and their partners or other adult family members attend 9 Group or 18 Home-Based sessions. The sessions focus on improving the quality of life for the mom, her partner and the relationship. Parents learn about the dangers of smoking, drinking and use of legal and illegal drug use while pregnant. Parents also learn about proper nutrition, fetal growth and development and healthy brain development.
• Parents receive an illustrated Handbook
• DVDs, role play & discussions facilitate learning
• The Activities Manual for Parents allows the facilitators to implement the program
• Each session runs 2 1/2 (Group) & 2 (Home) hours with 30 minutes of food & relaxation
Parents Increase Their Skills & Knowledge...
• Handling stress & anger
• Handling weight gain & body issues
• Preventing drug-related birth defects
• Nurturing themselves & their partners
• Keeping their bodies & babies healthy
• Encouraging healthy brain development
• Understanding fetal growth & development
• Maintaining a healthy sexual partner relationship
• Understanding the importance of nurturing touch & infant massage