ABC's for Parents & Their Children 5 to 8 Years7 Group-Based Sessions
Parents and their children 5 to 8 years attend separate sessions that meet concurrently. Parents learn about Nurturing Parenting skills and ways to promote their children's success in schools. Discipline, communication, helping children express their feelings, strategies for building self-worth and personal power are included in the program.
Item(s) Listed Below are Used in this Program
For More Information, Click the Following Button(s):
ABC's for Parents & Their Children 5 to 8 Years is a seven session group-based program. Parents and children entering Kindergarten meet in separate groups for two hours, once weekly, for seven consecutive weeks. Parents learn about Nurturing Parenting skills and ways to encourage their children’s success through good communication and life skills. Children learn comparable skills at age-appropriate levels through puppets, role-play, music, art activities and leader-led discussions. Children close the session by parading into the parent's room proudly displaying their lesson projects.
Parents Increase Their Skills & Knowledge...
• Problem solve & negotiate
• Praise themselves & their children
• Use their personal power to make healthy choices
• Promote school success through relationships with teachers
• Recognize warning signs of drug use & how to create a drug-free home
• Establish discipline through family rules, rewards & alternatives to spanking & yelling
• Express their anger & stress in healthy ways that do not hurt themselves & their children