Nurturing Father's13 Group-Based Sessions
The Nurturing Father's Program is a 13-week group-based program for developing attitudes and skills for male nurturance. The group of 8 to 16 fathers meet weekly for 2½ hours.
The Nurturing Fathers Program is an adaptation of the Nurturing Program philosophy and lessons designed and implemented specifically for dads.
Contact: Mark Perlman, MA - 888.390.1119 or MCPerl@Verizon.net
Item(s) Listed Below are Used in this Program
For More Information, Click the Following Button(s):
Program Materials Include...
• Evaluation forms and certificates of achievement;
• A set of charts/posters to be used as teaching aids;
• An audio tape with prerecorded guided visualization activities;
• Two (2) comprehensive Facilitator's Manuals with step-by-step instructions for achieving specific
learning objectives during each 2½ hour weekly group meeting;
• Twenty (20) companion Father's Journals, an interactive workbook completed by each group
member to enhance their knowledge and growth
Program Activities Address...
1. The Roots of Fathering
2. Nurturing Ourselves/Our Children
3. Fathering Sons/Fathering Daughters
4. Discipline Without Violence
5. Playing with Children
6. Managing Anger/Resolving Conflict
7. Teamwork with Spouse/Partner
8. Balancing Work and Fathering
9. Communication and Problem Solving
10. Cultural Influences
11. Dealing with Feelings
12. The Father I Choose To Be